Your Health is Your Choice with Sara Troy and her guest Stuart Waldner, on air from January 3rd /23
Learn how easy it is to make healthy lifestyle changes that are not only beneficial to you but more sustainable for our planet. Author, and plant-based advocate, Stuart Waldner, will share how easy it is to become plant based in 2023 as well as the 5 fundamentals for a successful transition to a wholefoods plant-based lifestyle.It has never been this easy to incorporate a vegan diet into you world. So many vegan foods to buy already for you, so many restaurants with vegan choices on the menu, and with so much here to share with you on adapting and adopting veganism into your diet for your health, and the health of the planet and stopping the cruelty of animals.
Please take a listen and get the facts and implement the change this world needs in this small but impactful way.
|Podvine||Radio Public.||FM Player|
- What is meant by “escaping the Meatrix”?
- A plant-based person saves the life of one animal everyday
- The environmental impact and effects of the meat-eating industry on the planet
- Eating meat is not sustainable — the Earth’s resources are not infinite
- Indoctrination and why we don’t question eating meat
- Why are we taught to care for certain animals but not others? Speciesism – some animals are pets, others are food
- The cozy relationship between the Meatrix and the US government: “I don’t like to get into politics too much, but food is political.”
- Meat industry spent 200 million just lobbying against climate change legislation
- Marketing meat – ever consider how some of the most effective marketing campaigns revolve around the consumption of meat and animal products? Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner; Pork. The Other White Meat; The Incredible Edible Egg; Got Milk?
- The shift from local farms to big conglomerates
- In researching the book, he discovered that the top 9 of 11 causes of deaths in the US could be reduced by a plant-based lifestyle
- The impact of meat on lung function – the same as chronic smoking
- Alzheimer’s – the connection between animal-based foods and blood supply to our brains
- Busting meat myths: Evolution – we evolved to eat meat, didn’t we?
Stuart Waldner is an activist and an author who invites readers to take the red pill as they Escape the Meatrix, the title of his debut non-fiction book, written after he transitioned to a plant-based diet in 2008. As his health improved, he felt better, and the more he learned about the statistical connections between our dietary choices and the worldwide climate crises we face, the more he felt an urgency to tell other people —for our health and for the planet.
Waldner spent nearly two decades exploring Earth’s greatest wonders and connecting with sacred sites around the globe. When he’s not advocating for the health of people and the planet, he spends time playing with his dogs, cooking plant-based foods, running, and restoring his 128-year-old Victorian home.
All of our shows/interviews are done by donation, if you enjoyed this show please support us here with either a one-time donation or subscribe and support on Patreon.