Choose Positive Living with Sara Troy and her guest Heather Mathes, on air from April 12th
Heather Mathes, fit model and author of the new book, Paid to Be Perfect: The Secret to Finding Your Perfect. She will talk about how to find your body’s natural size, whether you’re a size 2 or 22, through healthy lifestyle habits: nutrition, fitness, wellness, and doing what feels good.
She was paid to be perfect. Imagine being paid to maintain a perfect size 6 your entire adult life. Professional model Heather Mathes had to maintain her exact measurements for decades in order to be a fit model. In doing so, she discovered her body’s natural size.
Heather’s unique expertise helps anyone who wants to find their body’s natural size, whether you’re a size 2 or 22, through healthy lifestyle habits. Nutrition, fitness, wellness, and doing what feels good are all part of her method.
Heather shares stories about her own experiences in the fit modeling world, includes insider secrets into the fashion world where she was paid to be “perfect”, and offers tips and expert advice for anyone who wants to find and maintain their body’s natural size. She is relatable and informal in sharing what is possible for anyone to achieve. Her book is called Paid to Be Perfect: The Secret to Finding Your Perfect.
We are on 4 sites and 14 audios and 2 video platforms as seen here.
Heather can help you in all these areas.
- Finding your body’s natural size
- The all-important first step to discover what size your body wants you to be
- Why you shouldn’t fight Mother Nature
- Being pragmatic about body size and how one looks – it isn’t about pleasing others
- Mental health and wellness
- How to know when you need help – reaching out to others
- Heather’s “adding a thought method” – when you think you look a certain way, you can
- Do what feels good – why your food experiences should be filled with pleasure
- Picking something you enjoy — don’t run if you don’t enjoy it — just move your body in a way that brings you pleasure
- Should people use Botox, cosmetic surgery, or implants? Whatever you do, it’s your choice and it doesn’t mean “you flunked self-acceptance”
- Aging — both in the modeling industry and in our society in general
Heather Mathes began modeling in 1988. She continued modeling professionally after graduating from the Ohio State University with a B.S. in Marketing in 1993 before signing her first contract fit modeling with a major national retailer in 1996. After a ten consecutive year fit modeling contract, as well as modeling for other companies outside of her contract, she retired to become a mom in 2008. She then came out of retirement in 2016 at the age of 46 to continue fit modeling for the same company at the exact measurements she was in her twenties, not because she was under contract, but because she had developed health and wellness methods that kept her weight from fluctuating. She did this unconsciously as these methods became her norm. These methods and more are what she shares in her book
Paid to Be Perfect: The Secret to Finding Your Perfect. She lives in Columbus, OH with her husband, her son, and her dog.
All of our shows/interviews are done by donation, if you enjoyed this show please support us here with either a one-time donation or subscribe and support on Patreon.