Choose Positive Living with Sara Troy and her guest Ramona Oliver, on air from July 6th
Ramona is an advocate of positive aging. Rather than accept a mindset of “decline” and “over the hill,” she is passionate about living a life of continuous “Incline” and sharing that adventure with others.
- How I make a difference in the lives of others by serving as an advocate of positive aging.
- Choices Matter: Commit to a meaningful and purposeful life of “Incline” or believe that a new stage – one of steady “decline” – is inevitable.
- I choose to live my life differently from society’s negative connotation that aging is all about “decline” and “over the hill.”
- Thus, I’m living a more authentic life.
- I wish to share my journey of embracing my purpose and the inspiration that got me living a life of continuous “Incline.”
- That involves focusing on a positive attitude/mindset.
- Other areas for possible discussion:
- Why do I think people don’t have the courage to go after dreams after a certain age? 3 Calamitous Cs
- How does someone begin to pivot and shift their mindset if they are stuck in their old ways of thinking? 3 Constructive Cs
- Leaving a legacy and living it now – live a life of continuous “Incline” and serve as a role model for younger generations, thereby leaving a legacy.
I’m the author of INCLINED ELDERS: How to rebrand aging for self and society, a book on positive aging. It answers the question: What does a life of “Incline” look and feel like and how do you best achieve it? : “Aging With an Attitude of Incline.”
MY BOOK WILL BE INVALUABLE IF YOU:
• Have a desire to continue living a purposeful life, no matter what your age.
• Are interested in learning how to maintain a positive attitude from adulthood to elderhood.
• Want to learn how to create a living legacy and serve as a role model for future generations.
We are on 12 audio and 2 video platforms as seen here.
WHY EMBRACE AN ATTITUDE OF INCLINE?
For the first time in history, we are not only living longer, but everyone also has an important choice to make: commit to a meaningful, purposeful life of “Incline” as we get older or believe that a new stage – one of steady “decline” – is inevitable. What is not helping is that in the media and society in general there continues the somewhat negative connotation surrounding the concept of aging. We need to change the mindset for it. Embracing change and looking at life with a keener sense of curiosity will lead to living with increased courage to live life to its fullest.
WHO ARE INCLINED ELDERS?
Women and men who make a conscious choice to ignore society’s negative mindset of decline and being “over-the-hill” as we age who embrace a positive mindset of Inclining: ready, able, and willing to continue living a life of achievement, meaning, and purpose. In the book, over 50 men and women ranging in age from 40 to 100 share their tips and techniques on how to live a life of Incline. Their strategies are supported by scientific evidence from the fields of Positive Psychology, Anthropology, and Sociology. The vibrant role models you will meet in my book – Inclined Elders everyone – are leaving their own, unique legacies of wisdom and inspiration for future generations.
Ramona Oliver has long been a passionate educator with former roles as a human resource manager/director, career coach, and director of outreach for St. Edward’s University. As a human resource director for many years, she championed the professional development of employees. While serving as president of the Austin Human Resource Management Association, she led a team that designed, developed, and implemented an award-winning leadership program. In addition, she launched a workforce readiness committee that partnered with community organizations to implement workforce readiness initiatives. At St. Edward’s University, she promoted lifelong learning and the adult undergraduate and graduate programs to older adults in the Austin community.
Ramona currently serves as an advocate of positive aging. Rather than accepting a mindset of decline, she is passionate about living life with an attitude of Incline. Ramona has been published on the Changing Aging website, offering posts with titles such as “Can We Please Stop Calling It Aging,” “What Are We Missing When We Settle for Life Stages?” and “Leave a Legacy and Live It Now!”
INCLINED ELDERS recently received a Book Excellence Award for its high-quality writing style, book design, and overall marketing appeal.
SUMMER 25% DISCOUNT
Now through August 31. 2021
Paperback -> Use Coupon: AUG31PB
eBook -> Use Coupon: AUG31EB
She earned her Master of Business Administration from St. Edward’s University. Ramona lives in Austin, Texas where she enjoys practicing yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, and Nia and participating in various community groups.
Do you have a desire to continue living a purposeful life, no matter what your age. Are interested in learning how to maintain a positive attitude from adulthood to elderhood. Want to learn how to create a living legacy and serve as a role model for future generations.
FIND MORE SHOWS OF ILLUMINATION HERE
All of our shows/interviews are done by donation, if you enjoyed this show please support us here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.