Thier Story Matters with Sara Troy and her guest Ileana Collazo aired September 22nd and now.
Art Funding Liberty Ileana gives 25%-40% of all her proceeds to support the liberty, growth and life quality of women.
Human Woman: The Female Identity, which I aim to grow into a worldwide collaboration with other artists that will be geared towards donating a portion of the proceeds of sales to women in need around the world. Together we can make a difference that will give liberty, freedom, dignity and purpose to women globally.
Memory Ghosts, a digital photography project still in its infancy.
COMMUNITY & PERSONAL INTERESTS
- Artist (paint and mixed medium)
- Poetry and fiction writer
- Little Havana and City of Miami’s Artistic Ambassador, Advocate, Activist
- Life is Art board member In the process of joining the Viernes Culturales Board
- Volunteered for Hands On Miami
- Philanthropist that donates 40% of the proceeds of the sales of any art piece sold through a partnership with a nonprofit entity to their organization
- (Great last minute news: the projects will be previewed at Spectrum 2015, alongside my piece that will be exhibited at the Nepal collective mural.
TUNE IN HERE FOR INSTANT LISTENING NOW
For mobile/tablets you can download free apps here: http;//soundcloud.com/mobile
I learned all I needed about creating art as a young girl in my grandmother’s garden—where I sat doing what as an adult I call meditating—that quiet spot, became my temple.
Many years passed before I began to birth the creations conceived in my early daydreams. I started to write fiction and poetry, and then my mind exploded into a galaxy of colors, shapes, and, movement, as I started to paint (on surfaces, digitally, and then included digital photography to my artistic spectrum); creating dream worlds that entice observers to travel through my work surface has become one of my key life purposes. My art is representative of the twists and turns we take in the course of our daily lives, and of the awe-inspiring beauty that surrounds us.
My work is my gift to the world, and to everyone who falls in love with it.
I was born in Cuba; and have lived in Spain, New York, Vermont, and Massachusetts. I now reside in Miami, Florida where I work and play at Collazo Art Studio with my artist husband Miguel, three dogs, and a cat named Monkey.
You must be logged in to post a comment.